20120119

THE CREED...

"The Soldier's Creed!"

Yelling this out in any place crowded with soldiers and you hear loud voices yelling out, in one voice, the words they have decided to live by. Although relatively new to the Army, the Creed echoes what it has meant to be a soldier since before the birth of our great nation. Each soldier finds a different part of the creed to resound within him. But the core, the essence, the... heart of the Creed is the same.

I would like to attempt to analyze the lines of this creed.

"I am an American Soldier.
 
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough,
Trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy, the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
 
I am an American Soldier."

The first and last line, I am an American Soldier, are the parameters, the standard we are attempting to define. And define we will! Keep following Sergeant, Sergeant! as we'll explore the line of the Soldier's Creed in posts to come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment